Recycling Ireland have recently published a new Recycling List which keeps up with international standards.
Please see a brief description of the sections below or download the attached file.
The New List is here – click here to view PDF!
- Plastic drinks bottles
- Plastic cleaning bottles
- Butter, yoghurt & salad tubs
- Fruit & veg trays
- Plastic milk cartons
- Soap & shampoo bottles
Tins & Cans:
- Soup cans
- Pet food cans
- Drink cans
- Food cans
Paper & Cardboard:
- Letters & brochures
- Cardboard boxes (flat)
- Egg boxes
- Toilet & kitchen insert rolls
- Tetra Pak juice or milk cartons.
Make an Appointment
Make an Appointment
Environmental Management system implementation ISO14001
ISO 14001 is part of the ISO 14000 series and forms the cornerstone of the family of standards. ISO 14001 environmental certification provides a framework for environmental management best practice to help organisations:
- minimise their environmental footprint
- diminish the risk of pollution incidents
- provides operational improvements
- ensure compliance with relevant environmental legislation, and
- develop their business in a sustainable manner
Benefits of ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems Certification
By completing ISO 14001 certification your organisation can assure stakeholders that your environmental management system (EMS) meets international industry specific environmental standards.
Key benefits of the ISO 14001 standard include:
- Meet expectations of corporate standards
- Identify cost savings with greater emphasis on resource, waste and energy management
- Develop the corporate image and credibility
- Quantify, monitor and control the impact of operations on the environment, now and in the future
- Ensure legislative awareness and compliance
- Improve environmental performance of supply chain
- Protect the company, assets, shareholders and directors
- Potentially decrease public liability insurance costs for your organisation
- Grow your access to business partners and potential customers
Energy Management system implementation ISO50001
ISO 50001 Energy Management Systems provides a framework for establishing energy management best practice to help organisations to improve their energy efficiency in a logical, controlled and systematic way. This standard must integrate an energy management system within their organisation to incorporate an energy policy, objectives, targets and action plans. These would also take into account legal requirements relating to significant energy use.
Benefits of ISO 50001 Environmental Management Systems Certification
- Reduced greenhouse gas emissions and carbon footprint
- Increased energy awareness among staff at all levels
- Increased energy cost savings for the organisation/business
- Improved operational efficiencies and maintenance
- Increased knowledge of equipment and its effectiveness for the job required and from an energy perspective.
- Improved corporate image
Gap Analysis audits
When conducting a Gap Analysis Audit, all existing documentation and systems are reviewed. This is known as the “As Is” stage within the clients’ business. Our experienced staff will guide you through this process. This determines and documents your organisations current capabilities.
Initially these will be compared against standards existing within the business as well as against legal requirements. This will also identify areas for improvement for the business and a plan will be created to reflect and rectify these efficiently.
This EU Directive has been transposed into Irish law as SI426 of 2014. Energy audits in the past include a detailed review of energy consumption of buildings and processes but transportation is also included in this directive. Energy Audits can yield significant savings in that they usually reduce significantly costs associated with energy consumption. That includes heating and lighting as well as carbon footprint. An end to end audit of the company takes place to identify these potential savings.
SMILE Resource Exchange
SPeco Services works with SMILE Resource Exchange to facilitate the exchange of resources between businesses signed up to use this free service. The exchange of resources between businesses cuts costs, reduces waste, sources materials, reduces waste going to landfill, improves competitiveness, identifies new opportunities and networking possibilities. SPeco Consultants facilitate the identification of resources and their potential use in other businesses. They oversee the exchange of these resources and see the benefits to both partners of the exchange.
Corporate Social Responsibility Advisory Service
SPeco Services believes waste prevention is a critical element of resource efficiency and looks at this in its’ broadest term. Waste can be a result of using more than is required for production of a product or it can also be reduced by finding production efficiencies through using fewer materials or less harmful materials to the environment during the production and lifecycle of a product. Elements such as energy consumption or exceeding MIC can yield efficiencies as well as waste prevention and more savvy waste alternatives than the traditional methods.
Corporate Social Responsibility advisory service
Speco Services offers advice on Corporate Social Responsibility within business. Being a responsible business means minimising the negative social and environmental impacts of your business and maximising the positive ones. This is done across five elements, namely, Community, Environment, Workplace, Marketplace and Management and Community. Reviewing these elements mean that you understand the impact of your business and liaise with people to ensure good practice throughout.
Pharmaceutical Supply Chain initiative guidance
This supply chain consists of a group of major pharmaceutical companies that have formed to support pharmaceutical suppliers. They will strive to collectively operate in a manner consistent with industry expectations around labour, health & safety, environment, management systems and ethics. This will enhance conditions for workers, economic development and strive towards a cleaner environment for communities. SPeco Services works with these companies to prepare for impending audits.
Grant supported environmental feasibility project from Enterprise Ireland
Enterprise Ireland helps companies incorporate sustainable practices into the day-to-day running of their businesses. Enterprise Ireland provides funding to companies to incorporate these projects which lead to improved resource efficiency and direct cost savings as well as increased access to customers who are, now more than ever, demanding more environmentally friendly products and services. SPeco Services are Enterprise Ireland approved to implement these standards into businesses.
This is designed as the first introduction for SME companies to incorporate a level of awareness in environmental, regulatory compliance and basic management systems. An increase in environmental performance can assist a company make savings through efficiencies in energy, water and waste costs
The Green Start project will involve hiring SPeco Services to:
- Review environmental activities and practices of the business
- Provide advice on regulatory compliance issues such as permits/licences and how to resolve them
- Review environmental activities onsite
- Assist with the introduction and setting up of a basic Environmental Management System (EMS) based on a “Plan, Do, Check, Act” premise
- Establish a baseline assessment to identify potential savings within the business and KPIs
- Train staff onsite on the Green Start program
- Assist with other potential tools/resources that will assist in maintaining performance on an ongoing basis and improve efficiency
Expected Outcomes post implementation of Green Start:
- Environmental Policy Statement
- Simplified Environmental Management System for the site
- Compliance with regulatory requirements
- Awareness of market benefits and improved relationships as a result of environmental reputation
- Cost savings
- Reports stating metrics and savings and overall project reports
This Enterprise Ireland Business Improvement Grant assists companies to deliver a high level of environmental management, environmental efficiencies and improved sustainability. SPeco Services works to implement Green Plus into businesses. Assignments may include the following:
- Embedding improved environmental management practices through training programs
- Applying international environmental standards and best practices in line with ISO14001 (Environmental Management Systems Standard) and ISO50001 (Energy Management Standard)
- Process improvements to increase the company’s environmental sustainability, reduce costs, minimise waste and to increase competitiveness
- Customer tendering and supply chain requirements for the customer